6.19.2016

Harry Potter World

6.19.2016
I would say with some confidence that my aesthetic is Hogsmeade branding. Or Weasley home clutter. And definitely starry rooms with  magical instruments. I'm not much of a Los Angeles minimalist. I much prefer things to be haphazard and weird. That's why I'm so happy this SHINING BEACON of amazing wizardry aesthetic is just over the hill from me at Universal Studios. So story time, friends: when my best friend and I were 17, our parents allowed us to fly across the country to Florida to go to Harry Potter World when it opened. And now, just 6 (HOW HAS IT BEEN 6 YEARS?!) years later we made our pilgrimage back, this time in LA.

So here are some photos of a really really good day in my life. Don't worry, I made sure to look as dumb as possible. I called my look "Harry Potter Girl Scout." I also bought a ton of candy at Honeydukes that I really didn't need, as well as a cool cauldron mug. So, I guess I can solidly say I'm a sucker for magical packaging. ENJOY.

4 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh how i amazing! I need to go there, put on an invisibility cloak and stay for the rest of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my biggest dreams to get there. Looks like you had amazing time!
    ps: your profile picture is stunning, dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN to not being a minimalist when it comes to style. I like the idea of minimalism in terms of not having too many possessions and such, but I LOVE visual stimulation (and like you said, weirdness!). I really like our Harry Potter Girl Scout outfit. Woo!

    ReplyDelete