I never do makeup posts because I definitely do not think I am any kind of authority on makeup products. I generally have no idea what I am doing. But I have to show off my new discovery today. Purple eyeliner as lipstick. Hell yeah.
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Friday, December 12, 2014
Sunday, December 7, 2014
So I have a secret. I worked at Anthropologie for a total of three weeks. I thought I wanted a retail job. I was wrong. It was okay, but just wow the hours sucked and I found myself wanting to be a part of the making of the gifts and clothes so much more than the selling of them. Sadly, that has meant a long period of unemployment while I finished my internship and job-hunted for other positions.
HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I haven't fallen in love with their most recent gift lookbook. Oh my goodness it is so dreamy. Here are a few of my favorite photos from it and a tag taken from Queen of Jet Lags!
Like seriously, these are gorgeous.
- What is your favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story will forever be the best Christmas movie, and maybe even one of the best movies in general.
- Have you ever had a white Christmas? I don't actually think so. It snows usually in the month of December at my house but never on Christmas. We had an 80 degree Christmas once.
- Where do you usually spend your holiday? HOME HOME HOME! Ain't nothin' like small-town Christmas.
- What is your favorite Christmas song? Baby It's Cold Outside. It's kind of a creepy song, maybe? But there is a version done by Brian Setzer and it's so good. Look it up.
- What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat? My grandma's fudge. It's actual heaven. Since her passing I have had to carry on the tradition and I hope I'm doing a decent job.
- Be honest: do you like giving or receiving gifts better? Giving! I love picking out things for people and wrapping presents.
- What makes the holidays special for you? Spending time with the people I love.
- What's your favorite makeup look for the festive season? Dark red lips and glitterrrrr.
- Real or fake tree? Real 5ever. We have been going to the same farm for years and I love going and running around their small forest of trees.
I haven't done a tag in aaaages but I am really getting into the Christmas spirit so I had to do this. You should do it too and link to it in the comments. :)
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
I mostly post my own work on here, which I am very proud of. Every so often I do an inspo post, but this blog is mainly my own content. However, I wanted to do a little showing-off of my Pinterest. Because it's pretty darn beautiful. And it's kind of like curating, so there's still some creativity in it, right? I put together some moods boards (I haven't made a mood board since my good ol' Polyvore days) from the things on my Pinterest. If you like them, go follow me so I can follow back. :)
All photo sources on my Pinterest.
Monday, December 1, 2014
Friday, November 28, 2014
Heyoooo I spent Thanksgiving in Hawaii at my aunt's house. These pictures were taken off her back porch. I feel lucky lucky lucky.
I wore my Band of Outsiders skirt for Thanksgiving. (Michelle Obama has the same one. We are soul sisters, I bet.) I was going to do a more proper outfit post, but the sunset and colors were lovely last night so I posted these.
Details: Skirt--Band of Outsiders//Top--Brandy Melville//Jewelry--Assorted Cheap Places