7.26.2016

Thousand Steps Cave

7.26.2016
This is a place called Thousand Steps Beach. I had seen a few people visit this spot in Laguna Beach but I never knew how to get to it. I put my lil' research skills to work and found out that it was actually at a beach I had been to before, but I never wandered far enough to find this magical spot. So here's the deal with anyone in Southern California or those looking to venture a long way to come here: this can be a dangerous place. You can only cross through this cave at low-tide. Ian and I got here a little later than we had planned and it was starting to fill back up by the time we left. Most people come to this spot because if you go through the cave you can climb over some rocks to get to some gorgeous man-made pools that fill up with ocean water. We didn't want to risk going out to them only to be stuck on the other side as the tide came in so we didn't go to the pools this time. Next time, next time.
Ian has been so lovely to me lately and he takes just the pictures I want whenever we go somewhere. I wore a rather unexciting red slip dress and no makeup. I love these photos--my god, the light in caves!--but they also serve as a reminder to go back. I want to take photos here of whoever will let me. The walls are so dramatic and colorful. I can't wait. 


Dress - Express
Photos by Ian 

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful photographs! This beach looks absolutely breathtaking :)

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is just stunning!!
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing location!

    xo,
    Priceless Ambition

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo lovely :) Glad you had fun in Portland, too! Thanks so much for your awesome comment :)

    love, polly
    paulieantiques.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, been wanting to go to thousand steps beach for a while looks amazing!

    x
    StephC

    http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice photos.
    http://chicporadnik.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos !

    xo
    www.cherry-mag.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pictures & scenery!
    xx. Mirjam // www.miiju.ch

    ReplyDelete