4.02.2015

vanitas

4.02.2015
Arianna and I did a shoot based on my usual obsession with depictions of women in the Renaissance. This one is based on the Vanitas theme--women who are obsessed with their own beauty and forget that one day they will be old and run out of time and beauty. They have reminders of it all around them: dead flowers, a skull, an hourglass. Of course, these images were meant to deter women from finding strength in their bodies and confidence in themselves. So I like using these themes to give women their voices back and say "hell yeah, I am beautiful, Imma keep doing my thang."


Vanitas
Vanitas
Vanitas
Vanitas
Vanitas
Vanitas

1 comment :

  1. OH MY GOSH! This is amazing!
    Have a nice Easter dear, I hope Bunny will surprise you ;)
    xx, Flora

    ReplyDelete