1.31.2015

Cat's Cradle

1.31.2015
I had been wanting to make this dress for a long time. I have a weird thing with strings. I heard about something called the "string theory" during the SAT test. I totally ignored what the theory actually said and sat there dreaming about how everything is connected by little strings. Invisible strings pulling us along the paths we take, toward the people we meet, and away from the things we don't need. I have a strange trust in these strings. And so I have kind of translated this trust into a love for strings in general. I like art that uses strings or threads, and I even thought back to when I played cat's cradle in elementary school. I thought it created a really strong visual on this tank dress that used to be a massive mens t-shirt. It had to be paired with the coolest Calvin Klein see-through shoes, a gold necklace, and shades of course. 

10 comments :

  1. such a cool dress, and awesome idea! Is it drawn or sewn on? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so, so beautiful. I love cat's cradle too xx

    The Persephone Complex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this look, your oversized tee is super cute x

    Leannewinters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you made this dress! It's such a great meaning behind it, and it looks pretty darn good too! xox

    xensimagination.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It reminds me of playing cats cradle and jacob's ladder in elementary school <3

    ReplyDelete